Re: arbitrary precision gfortran

The gnu compiler itself does not intrinsicly support arbitrary
precision types (at least i am fairly certain that it does not).
However, you may find the modules at this site useful

http://crd.lbl.gov/~dhbailey/mpdist/

it looks like this provides an arbitrary precision type with minimal
modifications to standard fortran 90 code