ITK debian packages

Howdy folks,

I read a thread or two about packaging efforts regarding ITK, most
recently: http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2005/09/msg00035.html

Though interested in checking out ITK, I wasn't in a position to
respond at that time.  However, it's becoming more likely that I'll
need to use ITK in the medium-term future.  Thus, I'm keen to see
packages uploaded to Debian.

What's the state of the packaging today?  Are they uploadable?
Have you a sponsor for them?  I'm a Debian Developer and could
do the sponsor/upload if that would be helpful.

Cheers,
-Steve