Re: Tool for symbolic integration/derivation ?

Marc Baaden wrote:

Hi,

I wonder if tools exist in Debian to perform symbolic maths,
in particular derivation, integration and simplification of
functions.

If there should be several packages, which ones to choose ?

Thanks in advance,
 Marc Baaden
I use maxima for doing this. The maxima's output as such is not very eye candy but you can use texmacs as an interface to maxima and compute the derivatives and integrations symbolically. Personally I think, mathematica is the best for doing all this but it is commercial. There is also a linux version of mathematica. But if you want a free/open source software, then maxima is the best bet.

bye
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi