Debian based live chemoinformatics CD?

Hi all,

I've been thinking about live linux CDs to demo and easily setup a developers
environment for Java based chemoinformatics software. So I want to make a
custom CD with openbabel, CDK, JChemPaint, Jmol, pyMOL, xdrawchem,
kfile_chemical, etc, and as developers tools C++, eclipse, Blackdown Java (or
something like that).

I have no preference for Kubuntu/Knoppix or whatever, but do require KDE as
desktop (for kfile_chemical).

I know there are some some live CDs around, but would appreciate your ideas of
best practices for setting up such a live CD.

Thanx,

Egon