Re: python matplotlib debian package

 || On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 00:45:59 -0400
 || "Marco Presi" <zufus@debian.org> wrote:

 || On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 09:18:30 +0200
 || Alexandre Fayolle <alexandre.fayolle@logilab.fr> wrote:

	>>> I am available to do it, just let me know.

	af> Hi Marco,

	af> Go for it, I'm going to be too busy next week with the organisation of
	af> the pypy sprint in Paris [1] and will be on vacation the next two weeks,
	af> with little or no net access. The ITP is at [2]

	mp>         Ok, I am checking the packages.. there are some things I would
	mp>         like to discuss with Vittorio (for example, the package it is
	mp>         not made with cdbs, and some other minor stuff), then I will upload them.

        ..it seems I spoken to early :)

        Compiling the source pkgs from http://anakonda.altervista.org/
        results in packages that works only using the GTKagg backend. If
        I try to run the scripts from inside a python shell, I only
        obtain segmentation faluts.

        If someone want to test the packages buit on debian unstable,
        they are at:

        http://people.debian.org/~zufus

        They are divided in subfolders:

        matplotlib
        python-gd
        python-pypaint

        I don't think those packages are good to be uploaded until this
        issue it is not resolved.

        Ciao Ciao

        Marco

--
"I videogiochi non influenzano i bambini. Voglio dire, se Pac-Man avesse
influenzato la nostra generazione, staremmo tutti saltando in sale

"Videogames do not influence kids. I mean, if Pac-Man influenced our
generation, we were all jumping in dark rooms, chomping pills and
listening to electronic repeating music."

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989