Re: python plotting with greek symbols within labels recommendations?

Michael Gilbert wrote:
> thus far, i've found that matplotlib
> (http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/) can do this, albeit the
> implementation is so poor that you cannot mix standard text with symbols
> on the same plot element.

I object to the phrase "implementation is so poor" when describing matplotlib -- it's a fantastic piece of software.

If you send your concerns to the matplotlib-users mailing list (perhaps phrased a bit more positively), I'm sure they will help you out. I remember that matplotlib can mix normal roman text with math mode. Furthermore, you can use real (La)TeX if it's installed on your system.