Re: HDF/HDF5

I used HDF once long ago with some FDTD type software. I didn't really
interact with the files outside that program, but I can see why they
chose the format for the complexity of that task. I tend to agree with
Mike, though.. unless the advantages are useful to you, its likely
overkill.
I also agree that the ascii is more 'portable', but another possible
advantage of binary is a more compact file size. Its only really
important if you have huge data sets, but the storage size and load
time is a factor for me.
Cheers,
JDR