Re: Tools for visualisation and 3D reconstruction from Medical Scanner DATA ("DICOM medical imaging data") ?

Hi Yannick,

if you still need a tool which you can easily install under debian,
use

deb     http://itanix.rutgers.edu/debmirror/debian/ sid rumba

and then run

apt-get install rumba-base rumba-python

cd to your directory with dicom files and run

dicomcat

and you will get a bunch of directories with analyze files (img/hdr)
which are easily viewable with

rumbaview BLA.hdr
or
rumbaview BLA.img

This is our home brewed tools to do research, that is why I've packaged
them for debian. They used to be in Debian but now they cannot be built
with stock sip package (developer had to patch it), that is why they
don't belong to Debian now :-/

rumba-python has quite a few nice  bindings so you can use fast C++
written library functions to perform your analysis from the python.

Hope it is of some interest :-)

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]