Re: Systems for writing a science app front-end

> Interested to hear what people think wrt platforms/systems in which to
> write a front-end for a console scientific app (typically long-running).

we're working with
* python & some c++
* Tk for gui at present, thinking of switching to wxwidgets
* matplotlib for plotting
There were some memory leaks with python, but I think all that has been
resolved now.

The SWIG package was developed to help people bind scripting languages
to drive C or C++ code that does the heavy lifting, such as simulations.
Python is arguably the best supported binding. This might enable your
users to bind their simulation libs to python, then use your frontend
for gui-based control & display. www.swig.org.

Cheers
Vince