Re: Welcome to Debian Science!

On 5 August 2005 at 09:24, JD Rogers wrote:
| matplotlib for now. Does anyone else here have anything good or bad to
| say about python and its use for data analysis or other science
| application?

RPy is popular -- you can use Python as glue or interface around a variety of
things, and then pass data to R for modeling, estimation, visualization, ...
I prefer to work straight in R for that matter.

Cheers, Dirk

--
Statistics: The (futile) attempt to offer certainty about uncertainty.
         -- Roger Koenker, 'Dictionary of Received Ideas of Statistics'