Re: STklos packaging (was: New member for the Debian Scheme team)

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 09:21:56AM -0300, Jeronimo Pellegrini wrote:
> Hello Göran and Lassi!
>
> I suppose we should take this to the mailing list?

Sure! (cc:d)

> Göran, what's the usual workflow you use for git packaging? I
> couldn't find any mention to "fork" in the documentation you sent
> me; would you prefer me to keep a fork of the "stklos" repository
> on salsa, or to just go and add branches?

Forking on Salsa using normal GitLab work flows lets you experiment
more quietly initially, but once you get some more experience with
packaging and test with git buildpackage before pushing, the result
will be pretty obvious and you can just push. It's git and we can
always fix problems, and I have to manually pull and build before
anything goes into Debian itself, so it doesn't really matter if
things are temporarily broken.

Did you apply for access on Salsa? (I don't seem to get notified about
access requests anymore.)

/Göran