RE: help needed to manage s390x host for ci.debian.net

I am not CI/networking expert, but I will be more than happy to assist.

I am at +0530 hrs available widely.

Thanks,

-Dipak Zope

Debian s390 porting team

On 13/02/23, 3:09 AM, "Paul Gevers" <elbrus@debian.org> wrote:

Hi Phil and all others offering help,

On 12-02-2023 20:32, Philipp Kern wrote:

> On 11.02.23 18:18, Paul Gevers wrote:

>   * [suspect 1] network issues between the s390x and the main ci.d.n

>> server (the results (log files) of the autopkgtests are transferred to

>> the main server). Our ppc64el hosts are also located at Marist, so I

>> would expect commonality here, but also ppc64el isn't performing

>> great, so maybe part of the problem is common.

> Do you have any kind of statistics on the network connections? I.e. how

> often it reconnects and how long it takes to reconnect? The Marist

> network has a very weird firewall inbound (e.g. if I do too many SSH

> requests in a row, I'm backholed) - so I would not be surprised if there

> is some weirdness there.

I have munin [1], but as said, I'm not a trained sysadmin. I don't know

what I'm looking for if you ask "statistics on the network".

Also, I have no experience with s390x except for deploying the Debian

software on the server setup by Phil. All the quirks of s390x are beyond me.

I can provide logging from the host, but I'll need detailed instructions

of what people find useful to look at. Recently Antonio taught me a

trick to provide temporary access to a lxc container on any of our

hosts, so if it helps to be on the host (but inside lxc) we can provide

for that.

Paul

[1]