Re: Problems with the giac package : different failures on buildd and porterbox !?

Le mercredi 22 janvier 2020 à 21:29 +0100, Julien Puydt a écrit :

> I wanted to work on it and get meaningful data for upstream, so
> turned
> to zelenka, the porterbox for this architecture. I followed the
> tutorial here https://dsa.debian.org/doc/schroot/ - as I'm already
> used
> to do when I get problems with other packages. But this time, the
> documentation step already fails :
>   ***   bug in PARI/GP (Segmentation Fault), please report.
> (repeated quite a few times before the compilation dies)

The compiled calculator gives strange results:
0>> 1/2.0-1/3
5.46834151467e-304
// Time 0
1>> 1/2.0
3.64556100978e-304
// Time 0
2>> 1/3
1/3
// Time 0
3>> 1/1.
3.64556100978e-304
// Time 0
4>> 1.
3.64556100978e-304
// Time 0

The last example shows that it's not just a computation problem.

There's something extremely fishy on that box!

JP