Hi all, DSA recieved the attached mail from the Open Mainframe Project mailing list that might be a good opportunity to get an intern to work on improving the Debian S/390 port and fixing Debian portability issues. -- bye, pabs https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [openmainframe] HELP WANTED: Your project ideas for 2019 OMP interns
- From: "John Mertic" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 16:10:56 -0500
- Message-id: <CAPyukBxOn5_cAwT48b=-A3oAZGcWikD9CL0TitD0JeDjzES_cA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have started accepting applications for the 2019 summer internship program and keep getting asked one big question:
"What work needs done to help bring more open source to mainframe?"
And this is where each of you in the community comes in - help us find projects that students could work on this upcoming summer.
The students in the past have done some great work, including:
- Porting open source projects to mainframe ( like Alpine Linux on the huge side, but also smaller projects like Kibana, nextcloud, and Zabbix )
- Publishing guides on how to get an open source tool going on mainframe ( for example the guides built for Kubernetes on SLES, Ubuntu, and RHEL.
- Proof of concept of open source being used to build a solution on mainframe ( such as immunichain which showcased HyperLedger on mainframe )
- Contributions to an Open Mainframe Project hosted project ( such as Zowe )
Tell us you project idea today! Here's how you can do it:The only requirements for a project is that it must target the mainframe ecosystem and the work must be available under an open source license.Thank you,John MerticDirector of Program Management - Linux FoundationASWF, ODPi, R Consortium, and Open Mainframe ProjectSchedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic_._,_._,_
You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#11) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [email@example.com]
--- End Message ---
Description: This is a digitally signed message part