Re: OSA and bridge_role=primary on boot

On 26.04.2017 08:15, Benjamin Jakob Zimmermann wrote:
> Ok,
> thank you for pointing me into the right direction.
>
> The working solution is the following entry in /etc/network/interfaces:
> [...]
> allow-ovs br0
> iface br0 inet manual
>
> allow-ovs [ccwdev0-encif]
> iface [ccwdev0-encif]
>          pre-up znetconf -a [ccwdev0] -o layer2=1 -o bridge_role=primary
> [...]
>
> This way both interfaces come up as soon as I am starting open vswitch
> ('systemctl start openvswitch-switch').
>
> I did not manage to set bridge_role in the post-up, since it is already
> online at that point of time.
> I had also no success with changes in /etc/sysconfig/scripts/
> hardware/hwup-ccw-group.
>
> Do you know if 'chzdev' will be in future s390-tools in stretch?

[...]
Well, it's contained in the upstream source package, so it would just be
a matter of including the binaries lszdev and chzdev (plus the man pages).
The other thing is that one has to get rid of the old-style config
files, e.g. by not installing them in the first place, which what Ubuntu
did.
It might be nice if the Ubuntu changes to s390-tools and
d-i/sysconfig-writer could be backported to Debian (Dimitri?).

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards
   Viktor Mihajlovski

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Köderitz
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen