Scripts building kernel and initrd images

Hi debian-s390,

As far as I learnt from the debian-s390 archive, mainframes 'prefer' to
boot using kernel image (kernel.debian, initrd.debian) rather than from
ISO/CD images.

I would like to learn the code that build up these kernel & initrd
image files, which are located at
http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/installer-s390x/current/images/generic/.
If the code is publicly accessible, where should I can find them ? I
guess the code shares some similarities with those building ISO images
on other arch but I don't even know where to get them neither.

Thanks,
Tuan