Re: cmsfs on debian

On 12/06/2015 12:52 PM, Offer Baruch wrote:
> I was wondering if the following commands are available on Debian, i
> can't seem to find them:
> cmsfscp, cmsfslst and cmsfscat.
>
> all i can find is cmsfs-fuse.
> although i can manage using cmsfs-fuse instead of the other commands i
> already have some code working that is depended on these...
> on Rehdat for example there is a special rpm for that (s390utils-cmsfs).
> couldn't find a package for it on Debian.
>
> I am using Debian 8.2.

A very (much too) late reply: This would require a different piece of
software that seems to be unmaintained. For us it's much easier to just
ship the IBM-provided and -maintained cmsfs-fuse that's part of
s390-tools. I'd expect that all your use cases can also be mapped to
that and I'd expect other distributions to carry that as well.

Kind regards and thanks
Philipp Kern