python3-minimal (3.4.3-4) fails configuration under Hercules

Here's a "heads up" for those of you who are running Debian under Hercules.

I recently did an "apt-get upgrade" for my stretch (testing) system under
Hercules, and it failed configuration with this error:

-----

Setting up python3-minimal (3.4.3-4) ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/py3compile", line 34, in <module>
    from debpython.version import SUPPORTED, debsorted, vrepr, \
  File "/usr/share/python3/debpython/__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    from datetime import datetime
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/datetime.py", line 633, in <module>
    microseconds=999999)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/datetime.py", line 408, in __new__
    assert abs(microseconds) < 3.1e6
AssertionError
dpkg: error processing package python3-minimal (--configure):
 python3-minimal

-----

I spent the weekend trying to resolve this.  The bottom line: there is a
bug in Hercules itself.  The version of Hercules currently packaged for
Debian, 3.07, has a bug in the emulation of the s390x hardware which
causes configuration of the above package to fail.  I downloaded Hercules
3.11 directly from upstream, compiled it from source, and installed it.
The above error disappears under Hercules 3.11.  The bottom line:

   We really need a new hercules package for Debian!

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :