Re: [SOLVED] debconf bricked -- undefined variable $ARGV[0] and similar issues

On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 06:12:07 -0400 (EDT), Stephen Powell wrote:

> I found version 5.20.0-1 in experimental, and installed it.
> Problem solved.

Well, version 5.20.0-1 did solve the problem, as far as eliminating
the program exception is concerned.  But it also broke packages
such as libhtml-parser-perl, liblocale-gettext-perl, etc., which
now have unmet dependencies.  No newer versions of these packages
are available.  Therefore, I downgraded perl, perl-base, and
perl-modules to version 5.18.2-4, and put them on hold for now.
(Thank God for http://snapshots.debian.org !)

"apt-get check" now finds no errors, and I can once again upgrade
my system, except for the three packages that I put on hold and
packages which depend on them.  I intend to submit a bug report
for this problem.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :