Re: Hercules and a strange CTCI error

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 22:38:15 -0400 (EDT), Pedro Pinheiro wrote:
> So I'm trying to set up an emulated mainframe in Hercules,
> having as a host an Windows Server 2003 32-bit, with WinPcap
> and CTC-W32 installed and properly configured, as Hercules
> itself atests, judging by devlist command and no boot up errors.
> Well, I tried a lot of different network setups,
> including only CTCI or only LCS.  Neverthless, none of them
> ever worked.  But, at that point, you should be asking: "So,
> what's the problem?"  Well, in fact everything is okay during
> the whole boot process, however it starts to mess it up here:
>
> Configure the network device
> ----------------------------
>
> Please choose the type of your primary network interface that you will need for
> installing the Debian system (via NFS or HTTP). Only the listed devices are
> supported.
> Network device type:
>   1: ctc: Channel to Channel (CTC) or ESCON connection,
>   2: qeth: OSA-Express in QDIO mode / HiperSockets,
>   3: iucv: Inter-User Communication Vehicle - available for VM guests only,
>   4: virtio: KVM VirtIO,
> Prompt: '?' for help>
>
> As a trained monkey, I naturally select the 1, by typing .1
> at Hercules console, thus transmiting the command to Hercules.
> But the installer seems to dislike me, or the computer, or the world,
> or whatever, judging by it's bad reply:
>
> 1
>
>    ERROR: No CTC or ESCON connections
>
> Please make sure that you have set them up correctly.
> Press enter to continue!

I'm afraid that I have no experience with the Windows version of Hercules.
But I have had good success installing Debian under Hercules under Debian.
See the following web site for more information:

   http://users.wowway.com/~zlinuxman/hercules.htm

Maybe the above will help in some way.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell