Re: Build failure of postgres-xc

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 01:37:30PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 06:11:42PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 04:27:29PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > > The log is here: https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=postgres-xc&arch=s390&ver=1.1-1&stamp=1378820737
> > It uses -fpic instead of -fPIC.
> It appears to me that it uses both at the same time. Now I have no idea what
> effect that has, but postgresql which XC is based on does the same and it
> compiles cleanly on s390.

Using both should lead to the behaviour of -fPIC if I remember
correctly.  However this may differ per architecture.

Does postgresql uses the same compiler options?  Was it build with the same
toolchain?  Did you alreeady try to build it on the developer machine?

The usage of -pie looks weird.  A position independant executable is
only half a shared library.

Sorry, I can't really investigate while traveling.

Bastian

--
There are some things worth dying for.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7