Re: Roll call for porters of architectures in sid and testing (Status update)

On 21-Sep-13, at 7:23 PM, Ben Hutchings wrote:

I'll continue testing/software development activity on ia64 for the
Jessie cycle, and more generally, until Debian drops ia64. I'm already
waiting for Wayland on ia64 and other big updates.

So please, keep ia64 in the bandwagon ;-)

But I don't think ia64 is well-supported even in wheezy.  The kernel
doesn't boot on some common machines and no-one seems to be able to fix
it.

I don't believe this for a minute. This is about Debian and it's ability to attract capable
porters.

I seem to recall that a recent Wayland build is in the unstable parisc archive...

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@bell.net