Add a dasd volume.

Currently running Debian Squeeze 6.0.5 on an IBM System Z z9 BC.
We run under z/VM as a guest.
Today we added a 3390 volume and I was able to get it online and formatted as /dev/dasdb1.
I can create and mount a filesystem.
However, I can't make the dasd device permanently available(online) across reboots.
To get it online and mounted I had to resort to the following:

In /etc/rc.local I added:

/sbin/chccwdev -e 0.0.0240
mount -a                                        to reread /etc/fstab

I am looking for a way to make the /dev/dasdb(1) come online at ipl and therefore the /etc/fstab entry will mount the filesystem at ipl also.

Any input greatly appreciated.

Nelson Ducote IBM SSR New Orleans