Réf : Re: Squeeze install successful, now a NIC / OSA / eth0 problem

Hi gents ,

Same for me , I install Debian ( on LPAR ) with OSA card and Escon channels to storage boxes.
After installing the base system , I restart then : no networks reachable : normal eth0 was renamed to eth1.
I delete ( using operating system message on HMC ) /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persis*-net.rules ( where MAC add are stored) ,
reboot : it works until next reboot....

Regards
Eric
Eric DROUIN
Technical solution manager
Phone:+33 1 41 67 37 01
Fax:+33 1 41 67 38 90

http://www.econocom.com
Suivez-nous sur Twitter

Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org>

13/08/2012 18:47

The VM Wizard <vmwizard@ix.netcom.com>
cc
debian-s390@lists.debian.org
Objet
Re: Squeeze install successful, now a NIC / OSA / eth0  problem

Hi,

am Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 08:24:34PM -0600 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
> Notice how "eth0" gets renamed to "eth5"  ( this copied version gets
> incremented by "1" every time I IPL .. don't know why either )

this is now filed as Debian bug #684766 against udev.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern
[rattachement "signature.asc" supprimé par Eric DROUIN/FR/ECS/ECS_SA]