Re: dropping bup from s390

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 03:15:14PM +0100, Jon Dowland wrote:
> My package 'bup' has not made it to testing due to FTBFS on s390: #664185

The test suite allocates too much memory. Nothing mythical about it.
_Why_ it does this it up to you to find out.

> I've asked upstream about it and they don't have the time/knowledge/inclination
> to fix it, or support s390 in general.  To be honest I don't either.
> Therefore, I plan to remove s390 as a supported architecture.

This is unfortunate. However for fundamental bugs (yes, using mmap to
map large files is a fundamental bug), this is no solution.

Bastian

--
No one wants war.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7