[Squeeze]: install with lvm partitioning

Hi all,
is there a solution to install debian with a lvm partitioning?

I want to partition my only dasd (vdev 100) in this way:

-- Disk Partitions
/dev/disk/by-path/ccw-0.0.0100-part1    /boot    EXT3
/dev/disk/by-path/ccw-0.0.0100-part2    none    LVM

-- Logical Volumes
/dev/system/root    /      EXT3

where "system" is vg_name and "root" is lv_name

I have tested the images (kernel.debian, initrd.debian) taken from stable
branch and unstable branch:

(1) in "stable" case the debian-installer returns to me an error on
partitioning disk with a message like this:

"Partition(s) 2 on /dev/dasda have been written, but we have unable to inform
the kernel of the change, probably because if/they are in use. As a result the
old partition(s) will remain in use. You should reboot now before making
further changes.".

After completing the remaining steps without errors, the d-i informs me that
ZIPL installation is failed: no /etc/zipl.conf created.
Obviously, at restart the system is not bootable.

(2) in "unstable" case the d-i denies me to use lvm in partitioning with a
message like this:

"The current kernel doesn't support the LVM. You may need to load the lvm-mod
module"

I looked in mailing-list messages, but I have not found anything.

Thanks in advance
Rino