Re: Adding DASD to Debian wheezy..

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 15:52:05 -0400 (EDT), Dave Jones wrote:
> I have found (accidentally :-) ) that if I simply do the touch command
> and not the update-initramfs command, the kernel picks up the new device
> at the next boot as well.

Yes, in a "plain vanilla" implementation, that is probably true.
But if you implement the suggestions in Debian Bug report 621080,
the config files are in the initial RAM file system.  Thus, making
changes in this area really should be followed by a re-build of the
initial RAM file system.  (Which will also result in zipl being run
afterwords, if your system is configured properly.)

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :