use Hercules to emulate our build host?

Hi Guys,

I have spotted failing unittest of one of the packages (nibabel) on the
S390 build box we have... to let upstream troubleshoot it himself I
thought to setup Hercules emulator running S/390... I have managed, but
test doesn't fail because on the real box quad-precision (float128)
seems to be available with numpy reporting 112 bits available for
mantissa, while under emulator it is only 52 ... my blunt guess it has
to do with presence of decimal floating point on the build host, which
is reported as 'dfp' feature in cpuinfo.

I see that hercules has lots of logic around DFP but I am not clear
which hercules's model compatible with our kernel (e.g. it doesn't
boot on ESA/370) would provide DFP?

Just hoped to find some clues here (may be some of you guys played with
hercules) -- thanks in advance