Re: Patch to enable build on s390x

Hello GMP authors,

I appreciate your interest in porting GMP to s390x.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 05:20:38PM +0200, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> "Steve M. Robbins" <steve@sumost.ca> writes:
>
>   Hello GMP authors,
>
>   I'd like to draw your attention to Andreas' patch
>   for building GMP on the 64-bit S390 (s390x):
>   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.gmp.general/2611
>
>   I just built 5.0.2 for Debian -- including this patch -- and, as
>   reported, all tests pass on both s390 and s390x.
>
>   Would you consider adding this to the next release?
>
> As Marc has already pointed out, we have tried to work on this
> repeatedly, and the issue has not been dropped by us.
>
> None of the GMP developers have s390x access, and qemu-system-s390x
> cannot be persuaded to work with any (public) documentation.  If the
> people that care about s390x GMP support do not reply to our simple
> questions, then it is almost guaranteed that no progress will be made.

I do not have an s390x system, either.

Andreas, Philip, and debian-s390 folks: can one of you please help
with porting GMP to s390x?  Please see the thread starting here

  http://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-bugs/2011-September/002361.html

for the inital questions.

Thanks,
-Steve