Re: IBM z/VM 6.1 + z/Series + Debian Lenny?

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 12:37:06 -0400 (EDT), Andre Felipe Machado wrote:

> Is it possible to install Debian Lenny onto a z/VM 6.1 running on IBM z/Series?
> Where could I start to find info and workarounds, as lenny docs does not cite
> the newest 6.1 version?
>
> PS: I am forwarding a question, being a complete newbie on mainframes.

Well, I am running Debian Lenny in virtual machines under z/VM 5.4.0,
without difficulty, and I know of no reason why it wouldn't work
in z/VM 6.1.0.  I am stuck with z/VM 5.4.0 and can't move forward
because z/VM 6.1.0 requires a z10 processor or better, and I'm running
on a z/890 (2086).

What kind of "workarounds" do you need?  Have you even tried to install yet?

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :