Re: Access to s390 porter machine

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 06:33:42 -0400 (EDT), Matthijs Kooijman wrote:
> Stephen Powell wrote:
>> Matthijs Kooijman wrote:
>>> Never mind, we've managed to test this in an emulator already.
>> Sorry for the slow response.
>
> No problem, I know how it is. I didn't mean to sound bitter, just wanted
> to prevent double work :-)

Understood.  And thank you.  By the way, I am just an ordinary user
of Debian for s390.  I am not a member of the s390 port team or the
installer team and do not speak for either of them.  Bastian and
his teammates are busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger in the spring
right now, trying to get Squeeze out the door; so if I can help
people out on the list, I try to do that.  If I make any inaccurate
statements, I trust that Bastian or someone else will correct me.

> In the meanwhile, the packages concerned have all been succesfully
> rebuilt with some endian-ness changes, so everything is ok again :-)

I'm glad you have things working now.
As you discovered, s390 is a "big-endian" architecture, as compared,
for example, with i386, which is a "little-endian" architecture.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :