Re: [RFC] Updating boot loaders in lenny and squeeze

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 14:22:07 -0400 (EDT), Ben Hutchings wrote:

> There is a minor problem with this, which is that it will likely result
> in updating the boot loader twice during a kernel installation or
> upgrade.  We could avoid that by specifying that:
>
> 3. Boot loaders must install kernel hook scripts named beginning with
> 'zz-'. All other packages must use names that sort before this. (This
> ensures that the boot loader update happens last.)

I'm glad to see that someone is finally beginning to see the need for
a naming convention for hook scripts to control execution order.
Franz Pop brought up this topic in May of 2009, but no-one seemed
to think it was important then.
(See http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2009/03/msg00611.html)

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell