Re: Using hercules to emulate s390

[fjp: sorry for the duplicate message]

Jonathan Nieder wrote on 2010-02-15:

> I have been following the instructions at
>
>  http://www.josefsipek.net/docs/s390-linux/hercules-s390.html
[...]
> I started hercules and set up forwarding to the wlan0 interface with
> iptables, also following the instructions from that site.  Then I
> typed "ipl c" and received the result
>
> HHCCP007I CPU0000 architecture mode set to ESA/390
> HHCCP011I CPU0000: Disabled wait state
>           PSW=000A0000 00000000
> Command ==>
>
> and the emulator sits there

Tried again with images from
http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/s390/images/20100129-17:54/
and from
http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/s390/images/daily/

The former reproduced the old problem; the latter works great (it’ll
take a while to finish, but at the end I hope to write an installation
report).

So whatever was wrong appears to have been fixed.  Thanks, FJP.

Jonathan