Re: problem with locale setting

On 2009-12-24 at 16:16:17 -0500, IsMo CoNgUaIrTa wrote:
> I try to install italian keyoard layout with "loadkeys it".

Well, that might make sense on the i386 platform, since the
server itself has a local keyboard.  But on the s390
platform, there is no local keyboard.  The keyboard is
attached to your remote ssh client.  Whatever customization
you need to do to the keyboard needs to be done in the
remote ssh client or in the operating system on which the
remote ssh client runs.  You might need to change the locale
on the s390 Linux server, but not the keyboard.  The locale
configured on the server should match the locale for your
remote ssh client and the locale of the operating system on
which it runs for best results.

Having said that, I must also admit that I have no
experience with languages other than English and no experience
with keyboards other than US keyboards.