Re: Problem on Instalation of Debian Lenny

fgi@br.ibm.com wrote:
> Taking the message, I wonder if there is a forecast for there is a 64bit
> version of Debian on System z, you have any idea?

There already is a 64-bit kernel available (just install the -s390x kernel
image package) in past and current Debian releases.

The kernel team has just dropped support for 31-bit systems in unstable
[1], so Debian Installer will start using and installing a 64-bit kernel
by default for the next stable release (Squeeze).
Whether this will also result in changing the userland to 64-bit I don't
know.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-s390/2009/05/msg00000.html