Re: Problem on Instalation of Debian Lenny

Hi,

On Thursday 09 July 2009, Shrirang Kulkarni wrote:
> I am trying to install kernel 2.6 version from yesterday none of the
> mirrors are working

If you really want help from people on a Debian mailing list, you will
really need to improve the way you ask your question...

1) Do not hijack an existing thread for an unrelated question!
   Do not reply to an existing mail, but send a new mail.
2) Do *not* CC individual people, only mail the list!
   See the Debian mailing list code of conduct [1].
3) Preferably do not use top posting when you reply to a mail [2].

4) Don't ask vague questions: they cannot be answered.
   * "kernel 2.6 version from yesterday"
     - what version exactly?
     - what debian release are you running (stable, testing, unstable)?
     - is it a security update or a "regular" package version?
   * "none of the mirrors are working"
     - that is *extremely* unlikely
     - which mirrors did you actually try?
   * what exact commands did you use?
   * what exact errors did you get?
     Make sure any output you include is in English!

> Can someone help me on same?

No sorry, I cannot help you because I really don't have a clue what your
actual problem is.

I understand that asking a question in a different language than your own
can be difficult, but please spend some extra time to make your problem
clear to the people you ask for help. Try to avoid wasting *their* time!

And the most likely result is that you don't get an answer at all.

Cheers,
FJP