Re: LVM problem on debian 2.6

Shrirang B Kulkarni1 wrote:
> I started debian install on s390 with 2.6 kernel . Able to start install &
> ssh machine for install using  installer id . I formatted  all DASD's ,
> wanted use LVM for partioning (Selected Encrypted Optin).

How exactly did you do that? Guided partitioning (as supported for other
architectures) should not be available on s390, so I guess you must have
done things manually.

But then again, AFAIK with current versions of the installer, the option
to "use a partition for LVM" should also not be offered as libparted does
not support it.

> Once i give encrypted password and started same it get stucks at 70% ( I
> tried this with 2-3 mirror server )

This is most likely a bug in libparted, which is used by partman. We are
currently working with parted upstream developers to get this sorted out
for the 1.8 version of libparted, so we hope to have working LVM support
soon.

Currently I think the only option to set up LVM on s390 is to do it manually
_after_ the installation has been completed.

Cheers,
FJP