Re: Debian for S390 links

Go to the URL http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/ and
look down the page for the S390 on DVD. I downloaded all three DVDs, but I
think that you really only need the first one to get started, and then
during the install, you can point to a Debian mirror to get everything else
you need.

You'll need to find the three files on the DVD needed to do the initial
boot. For z/VM, you'll want the ones meant for the virtual card reader, or
for a bare LPAR, you'll need the ones for tape. The three files contain the
initial kernel, the parmfile, and the initial initrd to be loaded.

I'm not sure why the Debian site is so messed up, and / or why no attempts
are being made to fix it.

--
   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
   /V\    RO-OE-5-55                200 First Street SW

On 10/27/07 4:31 PM, "Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)" <faw@funlabs.org>