Strange omissions from included s390 modules

Is there any particular reason that dasd_diag_mod and smbfs (or cifs) are *not* in the included s390 module tree with the kernel image?

Both of these would make my life easier; I'll be rolling my own kernel image in the meantime, but I don't understand the reason--if there is one--that these are not available by default. If there isn't a particular reason, then can we get them in the first or second etch update?

Adam