Re: RFH - Debian/S390

This looks good. Can you tell me what the problems are with using the 2.6 kernel?

Frans Pop wrote:
On Tuesday 07 February 2006 00:13, Frans Pop wrote:

Parted seems to work fine again. It recognized my existing partitions
and partitioning in the installer worked fine too.
There are some issues that need to be looked into for the installation
(I managed to finish it with some minor manual interventions, but the
system failed to boot...).

Done another installation test yesterday and there are only two issues to have s/390 installable again:
- minor issue with kernel selection in base-installer; new version with
  fix already uploaded;
- sysvinit installs incorrect /etc/inittab for installed system resulting
  in the problem on reboot; RC bug filed: #351871.

So, if we get the sysvinit issue fixed in time for the D-I Beta2 release, it looks that S/390 will be installable again (using 2.4 kernel).

Thanks to all who contributed.

Cheers,
FJP

--