Off Topic : MSA-1 in s390

Hello,

First of all, my apologies since this is not directly debian related.. however, it is possible some people here may be able to help me out on this one.

I am trying to determine whether the "Message Security Assist Extension 1" facility (as described in the Sept 2005 z/Architecture Principle of Operation) may also be available in ESA/390 mode.

However, this requires a z9 machine to try out, which I do not have readily at hand.

To that effect, I was wondering if anyone having access to a z9, and that would be running a s390 (NOT s390x) flavor of the kernel could try out this little program and send back the results :

**** CUT HERE ****
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
int main()
{
       int     i;
       char    x[8];
       memset(x,0,8);
       asm volatile ( "la 0,0\n\
                       lr 1,%0 \n\
                       .byte 0xb9,0x2f,0x00,0x10"
                       : : "a"(x) : "0","1","memory");
       for(i=0;i<8;i++)
       {
               printf("%2.2X",x[i]);
       }
       printf("\n");
}
**** CUT HERE ****

There are also other facilities (STFLE comes to mind) I'd like to try out in s390 mode.. but later !

TIA,

--Ivan