fityk compilation problem on s390 buildd

Hello All:

I am the maintainer of the fityk package. The current version in testing is 0.4.3p1 and it compiles fine on the s390 architecture.

The new version 0.4.4 is choking on the s390 buildd but compiles fine on all other architectures. I have looked at the logs

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=fityk&ver=0.4.4-1&arch=s390&stamp=1111159359&file=log&as=raw

and the massive number of errors seem to be caused by something wrong with the "wxString" definition (in the wxwin2.4-headers package, I think).

Two other pieces of information are that:

1. In the buildd log, the path for string.h is not the same one that is on my development machine instead of

/usr/include/wx/string.h

the s390 compiler is looking at

/usr/include/wx-2.5/wx/string.h

2. I checked the previous version of the fityk package and the invocation of wxString is the same as in the current version.

I am at a loss to figure out what might be wrong here so I can't even file a bug. It looks like on the s390 there is a version of wxWindows 2.5 which is being used instead of the current Debian version 2.4.

Can anybody give me suggestions? I would hate for this package to languisn in unstable if it is problem of the s390 architecture or at least the buildd machine.

Cheers,

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics