Re: Mozart FTBFS (#332630)

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 02:14:28PM +0200, Kevin Glynn wrote:
>                              The first file we try to compile is
> giving a dynamic type error.  Since this works successfully on
> (nearly) all other platforms I am thinking the emulator must be
> corrupt.

It is not built on powerpc, even if it says, it should work.

Possible problems:
- char is unsigned.
- the build shows implicit declerations of the builtin functions strlen,
  strcpy, memcpy.
- "warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type"

> I am seeing similar issues on m68k, which I have access to but
> progress is slow (e.g. package builds fine with gcc 3.3 but fails with
> most recent gcc 4.x).

Ah, that looks like problems with undefined behaviour.

> Is it possible to get access to an s390 machine.  I'm not a DD but
> have a DD signed key.

I'm afraid, but the s390 machines are developer only.

Bastian

--
Those who hate and fight must stop themselves -- otherwise it is not stopped.
		-- Spock, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown