Re: powerpc and s390: buildd environments screwed?

Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 17:48 +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
>>
>> To summarize: Lots of packages depending on libpng12-0 had problems on
>> powerpc and s390 recently; for some of them (e.g. gimp) they seem to be
>> solved now (with the NMU'ed version 1.2.8rel-1.0.1), but for some, at
>> least tetex-bin, problems have actually started with that version.
>> Recompiling the packages against the new version helps, and I'm looking
>> for someone to make bin-NMUs of tetex-bin.  gs-gpl still seems to be
>> affected, too
>> (cf.
>> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=quagga&ver=0.99.1-6&arch=s390&stamp=1127770198&file=log&as=raw
>> for s390, on powerpc it seems to be solved with gs-gpl_8.15-4 - compare
>> the last two builds on http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=powerpc&pkg=quagga).
>
> I don't really like the idea of bin-NMUing all those packages without
> understanding the cause. If it turns out to be a real bug somewhere that
> needs fixing, the whole bin-NMU dance will have to be done all over
> again.

Me neither, but I am not qualified to find out the cause.  Josselin
(libpng maintainer, again in the Cc) already said he had no idea either,
except toolchain changes on the affected arches.  Maybe Ryan has some
insight as buildd admin?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster