Kernel patches to 2.4.21

It's obviously a little late for this round, but I'd like to propose a
few of Leland Lucius's patches for official acceptance into the stock
Debian kernel.  The "2.4.19" ones apply cleanly to 2.4.21, except for
the vmparms patch, which requires -F3 to apply.  In decreasing order of
importance (in my opinion anyway):

http://www.homerow.net/zlinux/vmparms.htm
(diff is: http://www.homerow.net/files/linux-2.4.19.vmparms.diff but you
must use -F3 to apply it)

is *incredibly* handy, because it lets you do

IPL <linux-device-or-NSS> PARM LINE <whatever>

and <whatever> is appended to the parm line built into the IPL record.
This lets you trivially do stuff like boot Linux with different memory
sizes, different DASD ranges, and so on.

http://www.homerow.net/files/linux-2.4.19.toupper.diff

This one upcases the VMPOFF and VMHALT parameters; helpful in
conjunction with VMPARMS among other things.

http://www.homerow.net/files/linux-2.4.21-fix-disk-stat.diff

Linux/390s DASD is at a higher major device number than x86; this one
bumps up the major number of devices considered as potential disks when
collecting statistics, so you can get I/O statistics for S/390 DASD.
Nice, but not crucial.

http://www.homerow.net/files/linux-2.4.19-fix-install.diff

Fixes the Makefile for to install kerntypes if you built it, which might
be useful to some people.

Adam