Re: kernel BUG at swap.c:62!

Greetings;

If kernel-image-2.4.19-s390 is the one from debian.org then yes,
that is the one I am running.

I don't think it ever happened with the kernel that was originally
installed with woody.

Just as a point of interest, both systems are still U&R after
sitting over the weekend. The last one that failed;

    uptime
   07:43:47 up 2 days, 19:43,  1 user,  load average: 0.34, 0.35, 0.26

And the other:
   uptime
   07:44:26 up 8 days, 21:49,  5 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.43, 0.33

Thanks!
Dennis

                    Matt Zimmerman
                    <mdz@debian.or       To:     debian-s390@lists.debian.org
                    g>                   cc:
                    Sent by: Matt        Subject:     Re: kernel BUG at swap.c:62!
                    Zimmerman
                    <mdz@alcor.net

                    03/07/2003
                    02:17 PM

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 12:03:58PM -0600, Dennis Wicks wrote:

> I get this error if the system has been "idle" for awhile.
> In this case it was about 10hr 02min. I had 4 logons through
> ssh but they were not doing anything.
>
> I am running the 2.4.19 kernel w/timer patch.

Are you using kernel-image-2.4.19-s390 (which includes the timer patch)?
Or
your own kernel that you compiled?  Do you experience the same problem with
the Debian-supplied kernel?

--
 - mdz