Copieing debian image from LPAR to z/VM

Currently we've got Suse and Debian both running native each in their own
LPAR. We've just installed z/VM on another LPAR and I was wondering if there
is an easy and quick way to copy the entire debian image onto a minidisk
under z/VM thus avoiding another full install of debian under z/VM ?. Our
DASD's are shared between all three mentioned LPAR's and also with another
z/OS LPAR so I've got almost every possible utility at my disposal. Any tips
on this matter (and links to e.g. How To's) are welcome.

Kind regards,

Michiel Bello
Systems achitect
DOD