Installing lvm2

Greetings;

I am trying to install lvm2. I downloaded the .deb file but could
not get apt-get to install it no matter what I tried. I finally
got some results with dpkg -i ... but it said there was a dependency
on libc6. I downloaded that. Same difficulties as with lvm2. I seem
to be in a deendency loop, and I can't find any method that works.

Is there a doc somewhere that starts out "1. Download the .deb file?"

I would really appreciate some help!!

Many TIA!
Dennis
--
Dennis G. Wicks             Systems Programmer      dennisw@cdg.ws
Communications Data Group   Tel: (217)355-7117  Fax: (217)351-6994