Hercules howto?

Did a quick search of the mailing list, but could not necessarily find
what I was looking for.

Want to get Woody up and running on Hercules.  I got 'some stuff' from:
http://people.debian.org/~mdz/hercules/

I've been going through instructions here:
http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules/herload.html

I guess I'm wondering if I'm on the right track...  The last URL
mentions running IBCDASDI by creating a hercules.cnf file with a line
"001234 3145 02 0..."

I admit I'm following the steps word for word with no clue what I'm
doing (yet).  From the last part all I get when trying to run hercules
is:
"HHC006I Error in hercules.cnf line 10: Unrecognized keyword 001234"

I'm a overdoing things and there's a much easier way to handle these
CKD/CCKD images to get a running Debian/390 system?

Marco