pdmenu dependency / seg fault

Would like to say first that we did an install on our MP3000, and everything
went very smoothly. We are looking at using Apache/PHP/MySQL and they have
been working without a hitch. I am new to Debian, but I would like to thank
everyone who is working on this project. I can honestly say, the project so
far has gone smoother than it did with either SuSE or RedHat.

I have only run into one small problem so far. Installed pdmenu, hoping to
make life easier for some of operators who are not experienced with Linux.
Installed without complaint, but when you try to start it, you get a missing
/usr/lib/libslang.so message. Created a link from /usr/lib/libslang.so.1.4.4
to /usr/lib/libslang.so, and now I get a Segmentation fault when I try to
start it.

Deleted the link I created, and installed the slang1-dev package (which
recreates the above link). Same seg fault result though. I will try to take
a look at this myself, but I am not entirely up to speed on the Debian
packaging system, nor am I great programmer, so if anyone has an idea on
this, I would appreciate the input.

Thanks.